Thursday, April 28, 2011

Feelin' Blue

Running or working out is the last thing on my mind. I've spoken with my mom briefly this afternoon, but I'm not sure when we'll be able to talk again, because the power is out in pretty much all of Alabama. I know that my family is safe, without power, but safe, and my friends and boyfriend are safe in Tuscaloosa. However, I can't pull myself out of this dark place. My heart is completely broken. I feel like someone very dear to me has passed away, maybe because the place I call home will never be like it was when I was there. There are so many people whose lives have been changed forever by these storms, losing loved ones, their homes, their jobs, their senior finals week, and even graduation has been postponed. Such a sad day in Alabama. I've never been more homesick than I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment