Monday, April 4, 2011

fifty-eight

So, today was my first day back running since I bought my new Asics! woohoo! I was in terrible need of new shoes since I ran a half marathon, trained for and ran a full marathon in my others. The thing that sucks: I waited too long to get back to running. I am now completely out of shape. No joke. As mentioned in the previous post, I am going to work on my 5K time. Well, today I changed at work and went to a nice little park down the road from my office that has a paved trail around it that equals 1.20 miles. Now, before I tell you my time, I must remind you of a few things: 1) I haven't truly ran since January. 2) I worked 8-5 today 3) It was close to 90 degrees today!!! So at 5 pm, it's still BLAZING. I did 3 laps in 3:1 intervals (running 3 minutes, walking 1 minute). Three laps equals 3.60 miles...a little more than 5K distance. I pretty much walked the entire last lap. :( Anyways, it took me 58 minutes. I have a looooonnnggg way to go.

I have a really bad habit of talking down to myself, like saying in my head, "Your legs are jiggling so much." or "Why do I run? I'm not a runner!" I don't know how to get these things out of my head. I try to think positively, but it's so hard when I get out there and I'm all vulnerable and stuff. I shouldn't feel bad about myself, because, yes, I may have slacked off for the past few months, but I ran a MARATHON for goodness' sake! 26.2 MILES!!! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, and I plan on pushing through that 3.60 miles again! Maybe get it down to 57:00. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment