Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday Schmursday

So, if you can't tell from the title, today was not that great of a day. I went in to work 30 minutes early this morning because my co-worker/rock to lean on in sticky situations was sick. :( It didn't bother me to go in early because it just meant I got off early. woohoo! However, from the minute I walked in the door it was CrAzY! By 4:00 I was pooped, and ready to get out of there, but I still had a ton of charting to do and there was one more client to be seen. I was so frazzled by the end of the last consult I couldn't think straight. The nerve some people have amazes me, and the way some people talk to others is even more shocking. I could have punched someone I was so mad at how this client spoke to me, but thankfully I work with wonderful people who let me vent my frustrations and then tell me they're on my side. Long story short I was reminded today that no matter how hard you try in life there are still stupid people out there that don't have a clue about education or what it means to have an education. And those people are in the places they are because they've chosen to stay ignorant. In this time period, there are equal opportunities for everyone to finish high school and go to college, so there's no excuse to be dumb.


Ok, venting is over! Promise! After work, I was still smoking mad, so I was pretty ready for a run even though I didn't get a chance to eat my afternoon snack. I pulled up to the park and suddenly felt the tickle of hunger in my stomach, but chugged some water to try to trick my body. It worked...for about 5 minutes. It was 87 degrees this afternoon and quite humid (Welcome to Florida, right?), so I wasn't sure how this run would go. Yesterday's run was amazing! I ran 3.9 miles 49 minutes! That's a huge difference from Monday! (I forgot to take my sports bra Tuesday! oops!) Today wasn't so easy. I was pretty sore from yesterday, and really tired and hungry. But, I pushed through 2 laps (2.6 miles), then, I was done. 35 minutes, walked a little cool down, and that was it. Not too shabby. I'll probably take tomorrow off to let my out-of-shape muscles rest, then do a little run Saturday.


Lesson learned today: If you don't have anything nice to say, then stay home and wait till tomorrow to talk.

1 comment:

  1. I want to comment on all of your blog posts!! I love how you write! Don't let those ingnorant people get to you---some people don't understand the hard work that goes into making something of yourself! And you are doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete