Monday, April 25, 2011

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

I went to the gym today after work to begin my workout adventure. I'm paying $30 a month for this gym membership, and I'm going to have to get rid of some of my cable to afford it, so I'm going EVERY DAY! Ok, mostly every day. I do love this gym because they have a "Ladies Gym" within the big gym that is blocked off and no one but women can go in. It has a row of cardio machines: treadmills, elipticals, bikes, stairmasters, etc. Then it has a great selection of dumbbells, yoga mats, exercise balls, and other fun things. I did about 30 minutes of weights, some serious squats using a 4 lb. bar on my shoulders (owwweeee!), then I hopped on the treadmill. I didn't take my iPod with me because it needs to be charged, but thankfully they had some good music playing in the "Ladies Gym". They have a wall that is nothing but a mirror which is where they have the treadmills lined...perfect. ha! I was really skeptical about getting on and running for 30 minutes with nothing to do but stare at myself in the mirror that doesn't lie. I set the treadmill on a 10:54 pace (I know that's sloooow, but hey! I'm workin' on it!) and got to running. You know what? I actually enjoyed watching myself run...my legs don't look as bad as I've always imagined them looking when I run, my arms look pretty powerful pumping to keep me going, and my face actually looked pretty-it was so relaxed and in sync with everything, until I started sweating like a man! I ran 2 miles in 22 minutes-no walking! I know that's really slow, but I'm going to get to my goal eventually. Woo for a good day at the gym! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment