Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Hey Y'all! < I feel like being very Alabamian today, because I'm getting so PUMPED for football season! Even if I will be in Florida with all these nasty Gators and Seminoles fans...ROLL TIDE 4 LIFE!!!! :) This weekend has been pretty fun considering I had no plans and have been completely by myself since I left work Friday afternoon. Yesterday after posting about my miserable "fat day" on Friday I got my butt off the couch and did a 6 mile run at the gym while watching ESPN to get caught up on the predictions for week 1 of college football! See, I'm telling ya I'm ready!

I did some shopping after a shower and lunch, but I didn't buy anything except a new book. My favorite part of the weekend is grocery shopping. I know this probably is the main thing that sets nutritionists away from other people in the world because I remember my mom always complaining about having to do grocery shopping. Honestly, I've always loved it, even when she didn't. I loved wandering around looking at all the veggies in the produce section and being cold in the dairy section. I also love to look in my refrigerator when it's full and colorful. It just makes me feel good. It reminds me why I struggle so hard in public health....because eventually I'll be able to do what I enjoy doing with food. Hopefully, I'll be able to help people who live in areas where they can't enjoy looking into a colorfully stocked refrigerator. Public health is just a stepping stone.

 Well, my apartment has been cleaned top to bottom and I'm about to do my nails and get ready for the VMA's on MTV tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment