Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Alabama Weekend

I don't feel very much like a blogger because I never put up pictures. I'm a horrible picture taker anyway, so it just doesn't seem reasonable for me to promise more pictures when I doubt they'll happen.

I went home for the weekend! I wish I had taken an extra day from work because my trips always seem so short. Friday afternoon my mom picked me up at the airport and took me to see my cousin, Teri and her husband, Matt's new baby girl, Pyper. She's so sweet and cuddly. I love newborns because they just curl up on your chest and sleep. While I was there, one of my best friends from high school, Meya, whom  also was a majorette with Teri and me dropped in, so it was a lot of fun catching up with those 2. After we left Teri and Matt's we went directly to my brother's house so I could snatch up my nephew, the Butterbean named Travis and steal all his kisses! He's just the sweetest and most adorable chubby-cheeked baby I've ever seen. I may be a little biased, but I doubt you'll think so when you see his picture! :) My boyfriend, Jonathan drove down from the big town of Double Springs, AL to have dinner with my family and me. My mom and I ended up having a few margaritas at dinner and pulled out her old music from the 70s for a dance party! Saturday I drove up to Double Springs to visit Jonathan's family and my BFF/co-blogger, Rainie, met me there! I missed her so much, and I was so happy I got to see her! I'm pretty sure I talked her ear off even though we still talk at least once a week. It's just different when you see someone than when you're on the phone, ya know? Sunday was filled with more family stuff and hanging out with my grandparents who are going a little crazy in their old age, but I guess that keeps it interesting right? I love my family so much, and I'm so glad I got to spend a lot of time with them. However, it just reminds me how much I want to be at home not missing all these things that go on. I've got to get through this internship before I go home, though, because more than anything I want to be a RD.
                      My nephew, aka: Butterbean :)
I hope everyone's weekend was as great as mine, although it's a tough one to beat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment