Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lately...

I got an email last week from my boss telling me that the Pasco County Health Department in Florida has put up the new application for the 2011-2012 Dietetic Internship. This is the moment I've been waiting for since I took this job in January! I have a lot of things to get done before the application is due in December, but I'm so excited about it! It will feel good to kind of be doing "school" things again, since I still feel like that's what I should be doing. I don't feel old enough to be working a full-time salary job. It's just a strange feeling. I've got to decide which locations I want to apply for, too! You can pick 3 out of 5 options: Pensacola, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, and Palm Beach. I'm kind of leaning towards Palm Beach as #1, what do you think?

As far as my training for Savannah goes...it's not going very well. I actually sent an email requesting to change my registration to the half marathon instead of the full. :( I just don't have it in me right now to train for a full marathon. I'm excited about the half, though! I think it will be fun, and my mom and grandmother are going to meet me in Savannah for that weekend, so it'll be a nice weekend! I've been focusing on keeping my weekly runs to 3-4 miles with some weights, too, and doing a long-run on the weekends 5-6 miles. I'll gradually increase that to do 2 10 mile runs before the half. Easy does it, right?

I'm flying back to Alabama in 2 weeks for the Labor Day weekend and for my mom's birthday! It'll be a short trip, but fun, and I'll get to see my cousin's new baby and my sweet nephew! :) Two weeks after that Jonathan moves down! I can't wait until that happens...I'm sure I'll have great things to blog about then.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment