Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

It's Monday again? Oh my goodness, the weekend went by so quickly! It was a great one, that's probably why it went by so fast. Friday night I went to the gym for a short 2 mile run on the treadmill, then headed home for the evening. I hung out watching E! and snacking on various things I found in my pantry that I could convince myself were healthy enough. Saturday I made it to the cycling class at the gym after a bowl of Mini Wheats and a cup of coffee. It was a different teacher this time, which, according to the girl on the bike beside me, is the regular teacher. He kicked my ass. I wouldn't typically use that type of language on a blog, but there's really no other way to describe it. We barely sat down; it was hill after hill after hill, then a sprint and more hills! I had a great endorphin high so I showered and grabbed a little lunch before heading over to Altamonte (about 30 minutes away) to do some shopping for my little nephew that's due soon!

 I got a really cool back-pack for my brother to carry when he has the baby so he won't have to carry the girly one my sister-in-law has. :) I got him some pacifiers, a little pacifier clip, and the cutest little outfit with matching sandals from Gap. I can't wait till he gets here! I'm sad that I'm really far away, but hopefully we'll be able to Skype together that way he won't forget the sound of his Auntie Calee's voice. :) I keep trying to think of something cute for him to call me instead of Auntie Calee or something, but I can't come up with anything...any ideas?

I met up Saturday night with my friend, Brecken, for dinner and a movie. We went to see Something Borrowed...super cute! I read the book last summer, and loved it, and the movie didn't disappoint! I also picked up 2 new books at Barnes & Noble: The Bean Trees and Pigs in Heaven both by Barbara Kingsolver. Sunday, I slept pretty late, caught up on my laundry, and sat outside with my new book and the little lizard that lives on my balcony. I used to be really icked out by lizards, but I'm starting to get accustomed to them...I know they eat bugs, so I try to be nice and let them sit quietly on my balcony railing. That's as far as he gets though!

I missed my mom a LOT on Mother's Day. I sent her flowers to work last week, but that didn't make up for th fact that I wasn't with her. It's days like that when I really think to myself, "Is it worth it? Is it worth sacrificing my relationships with the ones I love for a career?" It's very difficult, and I definitely don't see myself this far away for very long. I'm trying to leave it to God to show me the way, but it's very hard to turn it over. I want control of my life, but obviously I'm not capable of making good decisions on my own, because look at where I am: 500 miles from my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment